Audio 20 CD (optional with CD changer)
The multimedia system merges entertainment, information and communication: The Audio 20 CD with radio, twin tuner, CD drive, telephone keypad and CENTRAL MEDIA DISPLAY makes it possible to integrate mobile devices via Bluetooth®.
Overview of key elements and functions:
- 4 x 25 watts power output
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- Automatic station memory of stations currently in range
- Operation via the multifunction steering wheel, the controller on the centre console or the function keys on the head unit
- CD drive, MP3-/WMA-/AAC-capable
- 14.7-cm CENTRAL MEDIA DISPLAY
- FM/AM (FM, AM, LW, SW) frequency bands
- Speed-dependent volume control, gradual volume increase from 20 km/h
- RDS/twin tuner and traffic information decoder (TP/TA)
- USB port (in the centre armrest), including CD cover display
Becker® MAP PILOT (optional)
This compact navigation module transforms the Audio 20 CD into full-fledged navigation system with intuitive operation. The Becker® MAP PILOT plugs in inconspicuously in the glove compartment and can be removed at any time.
Overview of functions and equipment:
- Display of POIs such as filling stations and restaurants with brand logos
- Automatic control of the radio and music playback during voice guidance prompts
- Calculation of route with biggest fuel savings (optimum compromise between time en route and fuel consumption)
- Simply plugs in in the glove compartment, can consequently be removed and used in several vehicles with the appropriate pre-installation
- 2-D or 3-D map display, including 3-D attractions as well as 3-D city and 3-D terrain models
- Convenient operation via multifunction steering wheel, controller in the centre console and voice input of addresses with a single command
- Configuration and update of map data and functional software via USB port from PC and Internet (Becker® web portal, in part subject to charge)
- Visual display of lane recommendations in the instrument cluster
- Orientation aids, such as the speed limits of many roads (based on digital maps), as well as information about time to destination, arrival time or street names
- Route planning with alternative routing and TMC for dynamic tailback avoidance
- USB port
- Pre-installed map data for Europe
COMAND Online is equipped with a hard-drive-based navigation system with map display and internet browser. It has a colour display with 17.8-cm screen and provides a central control interface for all telematics components.
Navigation, telephone, audio, video, internet – with the COMAND Online operating and display system the driver keeps these and many other functions in sight and under control. Information is shown on a 17.8-cm high-resolution colour CENTRAL MEDIA DISPLAY. Operation is easy and intuitive.
Fast hard-drive-based navigation with realistic topographical map display guides you stress-free to your destination. In combination with a suitable mobile phone it is possible to call up internet pages when the vehicle is stationary, and to use Mercedes-Benz apps such as POI search, weather or internet radio while driving.
A DVD player, radio, 10 GB memory for audio and video files and ports for connecting external devices provide entertainment made to measure. Other highlights of COMAND Online are the LINGUATRONIC voice control system, a Bluetooth® interface with hands-free operation as well audio streaming of music files.
The elements at a glance:
- 10 gigabyte hard drive (HDD)
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- 6-disc DVD changer (optional)
- High-resolution 17.8-cm CENTRAL MEDIA DISPLAY with 800 x 480 pixels
- DVD-/CD combination drive and separate SD memory card slot
- Function keys on the head unit
- Integral 12-button keypad on the head unit
- Internet browser for unrestricted browsing (at standstill) and for displaying the Mercedes-Benz apps
- Communications module, including SIM card for receiving Live Traffic Information (free use for three years, available in 12 countries, then fee-based extension of service possible via the Mercedes-Benz App Shop)
- Mercedes-Benz emergency call system
- Music Register with 10 gigabyte storage capacity for storing digital music (MP3/WMA/AAC)
- RDS/twin tuner with traffic information decoder (TP/TA)
- USB port in centre armrest
- Central controller on the centre console
Digital radio (DAB) for DAB, DMB and DAB+ standards (optional)
An aerial integrated into the rear window and a digital receiver allow listening to terrestrial broadcasts of digital radio programmes. DAB digital radio offers excellent reception quality and valuable additional information about e.g. traffic.
Because there is not blanket coverage of digital broadcasts yet, the digital DAB radio switches automatically from digital to analogue reception and vice-versa depending on signal strength. It is also possible to switch between digital and analogue mode manually.
Drive Kit Plus for iPhone® 4/4S (optional) or iPhone® 5 (optional)
The Drive Kit Plus is perfect for integrated the iPhone® into the control and display concept of the vehicle. The driver controls all essential functions via the controller on the centre console, which are shown on the CENTRAL MEDIA DISPLAY with a revolutionary graphic design.
In combination with the Digital DriveStyle app, available free of charge in the iTunes® Store, all essential functions of the iPhone® can be used while en route – from social networks and music to web radio and navigation.
The convenient operation via the controller on the centre console and the shallow menu structure with the three areas "Social“, "Media“ and "Places“ ensure fast and reliable access to the desired contents. Siri™ can act as a personal assistant.
There is an interface in the centre console for connecting and charging your iPhone®. After switching off the ignition and removing the iPhone®, the location of the parked vehicle is automatically stored. As a result the car finder feature of the iPhone® pedestrian navigation guides you back to your vehicle at any time.
Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround-sound system (optional)
The Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system with Dolby Digital 5.1 and an output of 450 watts turns every journey into an acoustic experience.
With twelve speakers including a subwoofer, a 9-channel DSP amplifier and an output of 450 watts the Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system in conjunction with audio devices provides a perfect listening experience in stereo as well as in the DTS and Dolby Digital-5.1 formats on all seats. The automatic volume control adapts the sound in line with the car’s current speed.
Convenience Telephony in the armrest, interface for various phone cradles, charging function, connection to the exterior aerial for optimum reception (optional)
A universal interface in the armrest lets you connect mobile phones conveniently to the vehicle's speaker phone. To do so, just insert the mobile phone into the a phone cradle (accessory) matching the device.
The cradles are available as accessories and can be swapped out in a few seconds with one click if you get a different mobile phone. The use of the vehicle aerial ensures optimum reception and transmission.
The Convenience Telephony system lets you control the functions of the mobile phone with the controller in the centre console, the multifunction steering wheel or the LINGUATRONIC voice control system (part of the optional COMAND Online). The CENTRAL MEDIA DISPLAY serves as the screen. In addition, the battery is recharged.
6 loudspeakers with a total output of 100 watts
The vehicle has six loudspeakers as standard.
Media Interface (optional)
A universal interface in the centre console lets you easily connect portable media players such as iPod® or iPhone®. The audio and video contents are thus conveniently controlled and reproduced first-class via the infotainment systems of the vehicle.
Once the portable media player has been connected, the following functions are available:
- Playback of all audio tracks (DRM-protected tracks only off the iPod®)
- Playback of videos off iPod® and iPhone® (only in conjunction with COMAND Online)
- Album selection via Cover Art (only in conjunction with COMAND Online)
- Alphabetical search that allows jumping to the desired first letter in long lists
- Display of the album cover for track currently playing, if available
- Display of artist, title and album name for the track currently playing (if available as an ID3 tag in the audio file) plus display of track playback status
- Selection from category lists
- Random playback (title, medium mix)
- Charging function
- Last-mode function: when car is started, the track starts at the point it was when turned off
- Keyword search in the metadata of the connected device (only in conjunction with COMAND Online)
- Voice-operated keyword search (only in conjunction with COMAND Online)
- Skip to next/previous title and fast forward/reverse
Not in conjunction with Drive Kit Plus for iPhone® 5.
Travel and restaurant guide, 4 GB SD memory card with ViaMichelin travel guide date (optional)
The ViaMichelin travel and restaurant guide provides extensive information about restaurants, hotels, tourist attractions and routes 36 European countries. By inserting an SD memory card the data can be accessed via COMAND Online and used for navigation.
The search function of the COMAND online optional extra makes locating points of interest nearby or at the destination quick and easy. Grading symbols help the user to select restaurants, hotels, points of interest and tourist routes.
The software also provides additional multimedia information about the ViaMichelin POIs. In addition, annual updates of the ViaMichelin travel guide can be downloaded free of charge via the Mercedes-Benz Shop at http://shop.mercedes-benz.com. This shop also offers other travel guide products.
Telephone module with Bluetooth® (SAP profile) (optional)
This feature allows the connection of a mobile phone using the Bluetooth® SAP (SIM Access Profile) protocol or direct operation by inserting a SIM card into the integral SIM card reader. Use of the vehicle's external aerial ensures better reception.
The functions at a glance:
- Connection of a mobile phone using the Bluetooth® SAP (SIM Access Profile) protocol or direct operation by inserting a SIM card into the integral SIM card reader
- Automatic transfer of data from the SIM card
- Convenient operation via COMAND Online and steering-wheel function keys
- Simultaneous use of telephony and online services possible
Pre-installation for Becker® MAP PILOT, including GPS aerial and cradle in glove compartment (optional)
The pre-installation lets you upgrade the Audio 20 CD into a complete navigation system with the Becker® MAP PILOT at a later time. The system is put into operation by inserting it into the cradle in the glove compartment.